Kindness is a quality that can help you fight your battles, accomplish your goals, and feel better about yourself. Plus, it can help make the world a better place by spreading kindness and patience from person to person. While it is sometimes hard to remember to be kind, many quotes on kindness can help remind you.
Being kind doesn’t mean that you have to give in to everything or let people take advantage of you. You can still say no, set boundaries, and have differing opinions while being kind. There are ways to make a point or disagree with someone nicely.
By choosing to be kind even in disagreeable moments, you will be heard more clearly. This means that what you are saying will be more likely to be heard and considered fairly. Plus, it is believed that being kind can slow the aging process, too.
Quotes on Kindness
On those days when you don’t feel like being patient or kind, these quotes on kindness will help. They will remind you why you should be patient, and of the way being kind makes you (and others) feel.
1. “There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind.” – Fred Rogers
As Rogers explains, if you want to be successful in life, you have to always be kind. It isn’t enough to only be kind when you feel like it or when it will benefit you. Instead, it would help if you always focused on being kind, and success and positivity will follow.
2. “Perhaps more than any other factor, kindness gives meaning and value to our life, raises us above our troubles and our battles, and makes us feel good about ourselves.” – Piero Ferrucci
Even if you think that your kindness is getting you nowhere, keep doing it. You have to be patient and push through the feelings that your kindness doesn’t matter because it always does. Even if it doesn’t seem like it’s helping anyone else, it will make you feel better.
3. “Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Unknown
Everyone can see and hear kindness. Always remind yourself that someone will notice, and keep being kind always. It’s a universal language that can be understood by all.
4. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Publilius Syrus
Being angry, mean, or malicious will not get you what you want. Instead, it will make even those who share your beliefs rally against you.
If you are nice, however, you will be able to accomplish much more. This will get people to listen to you and consider your ideas with an open mind. Then, you will be more likely to accomplish what you set out to do.
5. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
If you are kind, you will be helping to grow kindness everywhere. Kindness reaches out to all of those around you, normally making them behave nicely as well. From there, the roots of the kindness will continue to branch out, spreading farther than you ever imagined possible.
6. “Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am what of what is true.” – Robert Brault
Sometimes, it is best not to speak what is on your mind. While honesty is normally the best option, there are times when it could hurt someone. In these instances, be kind and keep the truth to yourself.
You will know when these times are necessary as long as you remember that kindness should come first. For example, this situation may occur if someone asks if you like their new hairstyle and you truly don’t. This is an opportunity to tell a small white lie to be kind and spare the other person.
7. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
The things you said and did would mean nothing if you made people feel bad. Feelings are what live with people forever, and kindness is a huge contributor to feelings.
Remember that people will remember you by how you made them feel, as Angelou explains. If you can remember this, you will be reminded to be patient and kind to everyone.
No one is perfect, and everyone struggles in different ways. The similarity here, however, is that every person struggles. Remember this when you feel your patients waning, and you will be able to stay kind regardless.
9. “If we all do one random act of kindness daily, we might just set the world in the right direction.” – Martin Kornfeld
When you are feeling impatient, you likely want to see some change. By being kind in these situations, you may see the change sooner than you think.
Your kindness will encourage others to behave in the same way. Plus, people will listen to you more if they know you are kind. They will take your opinions, thoughts, and suggestions into consideration.
10. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
Never feel like being kind or showing love is a waste. These are two things that bless both the giver and receiver, so they will always be worth it. Remind yourself that if you are kind, you will feel better later, too.
11. “We can’t heal the world today, but we can begin with a voice of compassion, a heart of love, an act of kindness.” – Mary Davis
Every little bit of kindness helps make the world a better place. By remembering this, you will be reminded of how important it is to be patient with others. Continue being nice, and your efforts will be rewarded.
12. “I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I’ll put it before any of the things like courage, bravery, generosity, or anything else… Kindness—that simple word. To be kind—it covers everything, to my mind. If you’re kind, that’s it.” – Roald Dahl
To people like Dahl, kindness is the most important virtue to have. If you are kind, you are courageous, brave, and generous, as well.
13. “Kindness is spreading sunshine into people’s lives regardless of the weather.” – Raktivist
No matter how negative a situation is, you should continue being kind. You have to spread your kindness no matter how you are feeling about what is happening. Your feelings about a person shouldn’t interfere with being kind, either.
Being kind doesn’t have to mean you give in, of course, and it doesn’t mean you have to like the person. You can still be firm and have boundaries while being kind. Remember, as mentioned in previous quotes on kindness, you will accomplish more if you are kind, too.
14. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Being kind will not weaken who you are. You can be strong and tough while showing kindness, even to those who do not make it easy. Being patient will help you continue being kind, so remember this quote the next time you are angry or upset.
15. “Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they’re nice, but because you are.” – Roy T. Bennett
The character of another person should never affect your character. Be a kind person, even when the person you are dealing with isn’t being nice. You will feel better about yourself, and you may be able to spread a little kindness their way.
These quotes on kindness remind us always to be patient. If you want to be kind, you have to be patient with others in all situations. Understand that everyone makes mistakes, has different opinions, and reacts differently.
By being kind in all situations (even those you disagree with), you will get farther and accomplish more. However, even more, it is essential that you will feel better, and you will be spreading kindness and patience to others. This is the way to change the world, and even the small moments make a huge difference.
Remember these quotes on kindness the next time you need a reminder to be patient. They will remind you of how important your kindness is and the positive feelings of being kind.
See original article here